Algemeen Auto Social
    Sinds
    06 2014
    Kudos
    Auto
    Audi A3 SB

Standaard Problemen met drivers door elektronica

Hallo,

Ik heb problemen met de elektronica in de linker voor deur van mijn A3 P8 SB en ik zou graag voor wat hulp willen vragen. Helaas ben ik niet helemal zeker dat mijn Nederlands good genoeg is om de problem goed uit te leggen, daarom ga ik verder in Engels.

The problem started with the one-touch function of the window lifter of the driver's door. I could open/close the window on my door only by constantly holding the switch button in the desired position. The control of the other windows functioned well, both by the switches in the lifter switch unit, both controlled locally. Few days later, I could not open my window any more. The control of the other windows by the switching unit failed as well, however I can still open them locally. By the same time, or a bit later, the rest of the functions, controlled by the electronics in the driver's door failed as well- mirror adjustment, central lock, etc.
    Because of the wide range of failing functions and involved components, I guess that the problem could be caused by some wiring/contacting issue and in order to debug it I need a wiring schematics/ current flow diagram of the drivers door. I would appreciate a lot if someone could provid me with that. Other hints are also more than welcome.

Alvast bedankt.

Algemeen Auto Social
    Sinds
    11 2003
    Kudos
    Land
    Land

Standaard Re: Problemen met drivers door elektronica

I suspect you might have short circuits in the driver's door jamb, more specifically where the wiring passes through the 'harmonica'. Constant flexing and chafing causes copper an/or insulation to break up. Requires resoldering and maybe some replacement wires.
    WARNING: Post may contain irony: discontinue use if experiencing mood swings, nausea or elevated blood pressure

Algemeen Auto Social
    Sinds
    06 2014
    Kudos
    Auto
    Audi A3 SB

Hello Tom,

Thanks for the hint. Once I'd get a hand on the wiring schematics I'll check for short/open circuits. Meanwhile I'd check visually.

Regards,
    Nasko

Algemeen Auto Social
    Sinds
    05 2009
    Kudos
    Auto
    Audi A3 SB
    Land
    Land

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Nasko Bekijk Berichten
    .... Other hints are also more than welcome....
    you can check first if all the 3x conectors are conected well to the doorcomputer.
    A3 SB 2.0L TDI quattro upgrades:-Alarm;-Lichtpakket;-dimbare spiegel;-regen/lichtsensor;-C/L Home;-bochtverlichting;-TPMS;-Hillhold;-DRLvoor+achter
    VCDS/VAGcom aanpassingen regio Zwolle / Raalte / Deventer (email: vagcom.audi#gmail.com)

Algemeen Auto Social
    Sinds
    06 2014
    Kudos
    Auto
    Audi A3 SB

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door quattroA3 Bekijk Berichten
    you can check first if all the 3x conectors are conected well to the doorcomputer.
    Thanks. That was my first guess, as well. However, inside the door, everything looks neat and proper.

Regards,
    Nasko

Algemeen Auto Social
    Sinds
    08 2012
    Leeftijd
    Kudos
    Auto
    Audi A4
    Land
    Land

No need for wiring schematics, just pull back the rubber between the door and the car body and check for any broken wires.
    Each wire got a different color so it's easy enough to reconnect em.
    A4 B6 Avant, work in progress

Algemeen Auto Social
    Sinds
    06 2014
    Kudos
    Auto
    Audi A3 SB

Citaat Oorspronkelijk geplaatst door Bas82 Bekijk Berichten
    No need for wiring schematics, just pull back the rubber between the door and the car body and check for any broken wires.
    Each wire got a different color so it's easy enough to reconnect em.
    Thanks Bas, that's the first think I'll do.

8. Ad

Algemeen Auto Social
    Sinds
    06 2014
    Kudos
    Auto
    Audi A3 SB

Thanks a lot to all of you!

Indeed, there were 2 broken cables in the connection to the chassis.
    After fixing them everything works fine now.

Regards,
    Nasko

Algemeen Auto Social
    Sinds
    11 2003
    Kudos
    Land
    Land

You're welcome! We've seen this quite a few times, so it wasn't difficult to pinpoint.
    WARNING: Post may contain irony: discontinue use if experiencing mood swings, nausea or elevated blood pressure

Forum Rechten